- Animation of creating a new project
- Creating a new project
- Selecting search engines to monitor
- Keywords for your project
- Entering Website and Competitors Details
- Competitor Rankings
- Adding a Google Analytics account
- Setting Analytics Goals
- Entering Brand Terms
- Setting SEO Conversion Targets
- Setting Scheduled Reports
- Almost done!
This guide will cover the process for a New Recurring SEO Project. This feature allows you to create a project to maintain details for producing beautiful automated Trackpal reports. Once setup, you can receive reports by email, or run them via the tool.
The New Recurring SEO Report wizard makes life easy and should only take a few minutes.
To begin, you first need to follow the installation instructions and be logged in to your Trackpal account within Excel.
Good To Know
- Create a separate project for each website you want to monitor
- Each project can contain multiple reports or the same website (monthly and weekly reports)
- Project configuration settings are stored in our servers on the cloud
- If you have a custom report and a customised account then this process may vary slightly
- Project can be easily edited later, after they're setup
(Gif is 1m 20s long, click to enlarge)
Under the Trackpal tab in Excel, go to:
Tasks area of the ribbon > Add Projects > New Recurring SEO Project.
The New Recurring SEO Report wizard panel will open, begin by entering a name for the project and click Add Logo to upload an image (this is specific to the project, i.e. the clients logo).
- Name the project as your client's / website's name
- The logo image will be scaled to fit perfectly in your reports.
- For more information on Projects, see our Support Section.
Click Next to continue.
Select which search engines you want to monitor your rankings. By default we've added Google.
More on editing search engine settings & adding a custom search engine...For further information about modifying search engine settings or creating custom ones, see here.
Click Next to continue.
Fire up your keywords in an Excel worksheet (you can safely load worksheets whilst going through a setup wizard panel).
We recommend adding a category tag to categorise your keywords in your reports
- Click Add a tag to your keywords
- You'll need category values to sit in the column next to your keywords
- Then, you can highlight all keywords and categories and import them
Click Next to continue.
Exclude http:// and www. - This will future proof the report in case the URL changes in the future.
Enter a list of domains and/or URLs to match on, so we can monitor your rankings, for example:
1. Entering buzzfasttravel.com matches all areas or the website (sub-domains and sub-pages) such as:
More on matching URLs
Click here to read more on matching specific URLs
You can report on up to six competitors,for example:
Account Login: To Login and Add a Google Analytics account and authenticate it with your password follow these steps:
- Click Add account login.
- Enter a name for the account.
- Click Authenticate.
- Enter your Google Analytics login information (Email and Password).
- Click Sign in.
- Click Allow access
Trackpal will link to your Google Analytics account and you can now select the profile you wish to use.
Profile: Select the Google Analytics Profile you wish to use.
Segment: You can choose to use all data or one segment of data (if you're not sure, we recommend leaving this un-selected to enable reporting on all data).
SecurityWe value your safety and security. We use OAuth technology, meaning we don't have to store your username & password in the system.
We can import all your Analytics goals, or a a selection of one to four.
If the site is E-commerce based, with E-commerce set up in Google Analytics, then select revenue to report on as E-commerce.
Define your brand search terms and reports will report on non-brand insights form Google Search Console (previously GWT).
Brand terms for Oliver Smith's agency Buzzfast Travel may be, including common misspellings:
- buzz travel
- buzz fast
- buz fast
- Oliver Smith
If someone searches for "buzz travel uk site" - this will be labelled as a brand term search due to matching with the brand term: buzz travel.
More on Brand Terms...For further information and a detailed example about brand terms, see here.
Select the reports you want to have automatically emailed to you for this project. Once a report is set up, you can edit its scheduling settings and details at any time, through the Projects button within Account Management section of the ribbon.
Your project is now all set up to collect data and create your beautiful insightful reports!
View and confirm the projects usage points and settings.
Press Finish and your project will be complete. Trackpal will automatically gather all your data and your benchmark report will be emailed to you shortly.